Artist writing and the importance of writing ability in the arts ecosystem are explored in this second part of a two part conversation. Often the lines become blurred between arts criticism and other arts writing. What exactly is that line in today’s environment where criticism becomes criticism?
For artists who also write criticism, a tension occurs between the roles of artist and critic. Arts luminaries such as Donald Judd have pulled it off. But, we’re not all Donald Judd, either.
Agency and double agency are explored. Joe strongly hints at a future Brain Fuzz segment.
In This Episode . . .
- “In Chelsea, Three Disappointing Art Exhibitions (And One Pleasant Surprise)” at Hyperallergic
- Mike Kelley’s writings on Amazon
- Donald Judd’s writings on Amazon
- Lester Bangs on Wikipedia
- Susan Sontag on Wikipedia
- Marilyn Minter