Why not begin Brain Fuzz Season 3 by comparing and contrasting the approaches of Frank Zappa and Marcel Duchamp?
In the triumphant return of the Brain Fuzz art, music, and culture podcast, Joe and Matthew discuss the drive of an artist or creative person to create. How does that person adjust to a shifting environment – where methods of distribution and consumption of the work change? What about a dramatic stylistic change? How much should one worry about audience?
Episode 60 kicks off Brain Fuzz 3.0 with some updates, new approaches, and new experiences. Some things remain the same however: In this episode, sources are questioned. Joe provides “A Jeff Tweedy Moment” and Matthew revives the Audio Pick Of The Day. Art News is critiqued. A new segment is teased.
(Un)required Resources For Episode 60
- Zappa on IMDb
- Alex Winter on IMDb
- Dialogues With Marcel Duchamp at goodreads
- How To Write One Song at goodreads
- Hot Rats at AllMusic.com
- Jean Luc Ponty at AllMusic.com
- Don “Sugarcane” Harris at AllMusic.com
- “Grimes Just Made $5.8 Million In 20 Minutes Selling Digital Art” at ZeroHedge
- “No NFT Is An Island: Artists Discover Ways To Use NFTs To Support Their Practice” at ARTNews