After a summer break, Joe and Matthew return to the studio complex. Though they’re a little rusty at first, the conversation quickly turns to a recent travel destination. Art and music highlights of Memphis TN are shared. This also sparks a conversation around the evolution of – and ties between – technology, consumer models, and community.
Previous episodes featuring the band Big Star are referenced. Specific shouts out are proffered.
Joe turns the “audio pick of the day” model on its head and also offers a streaming recommendation for creatives. Amid creative destruction, an aging air conditioning unit hums.
(Un)required Resources For Episode 37
- Big Star on AllMusic.com
- Jody Stephens on AllMusic.com
- Memphis Brooks Museum of Art
- Crosstown Arts
- Sears, Roebuck, and Company on Wikipedia
- Brain Fuzz Lost Episode 25 1/2
- Brain Fuzz Podcast Episode 26
- Those Pretty Wrongs on AllMusic.com
- Courtney Barnett on AllMusic.com
- “Abstract: The Art of Design” on Netflix